The LCBO’s Ready-to-Drink Category is excited to introduce a new product call for locally produced RTDs from small-sized Ontario suppliers. Please find the details below and feel free to contact the Senior Category Manager for Ready-to-Drink, Lesley Morgan, should you have any questions.
Thank you for your continued support of this growing and dynamic category.
- Chris Robertson
- Senior Director, Beer, Cider and Ready to Drink
The Small Ontario Ready-to-Drink (RTD) Product Call is a seasonal program that provides an opportunity for small RTD suppliers to offer products for sale at the LCBO for a limited period of time. It is intended to augment the LCBO’s larger and more competitive regularly listed RTD assortment with market-relevant, locally produced options from smaller producers.
This program is open to small, licensed manufacturers of spirit-based RTD in Ontario that meet the following criteria:
- The product must be spirit-based. Malt, wine and any of sugar based products are not in scope.
- Products must be made from start to finish in Ontario, preferable at the supplier’s own manufacturing site, by an Ontario-based company.
- Only one product per supplier will be considered and only up to 10 products will be considered for seasonal listing.
- Products accepted for the program cannot be listed in or considered for the LCBO’s regular RTD assortment in the same year. Products from the Small Ontario RTD program may be submitted for the regular program the following year at the choice of the supplier.
- Products accepted will be forced to 100 stores at the LCBO category’s discretion based on relevant sales and space considerations. Other stores may list at their own discretion.
- All products are subject to standard LCBO listing policies and procedures including Quality Assurance packaging and liquid approval.
- The program runs from the beginning of April until the end of September and inventory replenishment will be based on customer demand.
- Participation in LCBO merchandising programs is limited, although incentive programs like Aeroplan Points, LTOs and Tastings may be considered.
- Call ID 3552
- Pre-submission Due Date: September 30, 2022
- LCBO Callback Date: October 7, 2022
- Sample Due Date: October 14, 2022
- Scheduled Tasting Date: October 20, 2022
- Final Selection Date: November 10, 2022
- Single-serve format is preferred.
- Spirit-based products only.
- All product styles will be considered including Seltzers, Sodas, Teas, Cocktails and Tradition Coolers.
- Competitively priced will also be a major consideration.