It’s been five weeks since we launched Aeroplan at the LCBO, and we wanted to let you know that following a successful launch, we’re seeing strong and growing customer engagement!
- • there have been 31,000 new Aeroplan sign ups from LCBO channels
- • we are seeing week over week growth in our loyalty sales penetration
- • the average basket for Aeroplan customers is almost 2X that of non-members
This is a great start! We will continue to encourage our customers to join the Aeroplan program and to show their Aeroplan card when they visit our stores. Your continued engagement with great bonus offers will help us with that growth.
Starting November 28 2021, customers were able to earn bonus points on 128 product offers, thanks to the great participation from all of our vendor partners. We have extended the LCBO point doubling on vendor offers until the end of P10. We also have a great bonus offer for our eCommerce customers—between December 1 and 15, customers also earned 20 bonus points for their first eCommerce transaction and between December 16 and January 1, customers will earn 150 bonus points for all transactions greater than $150.
Hot on the heels of our launch, we’re also pleased to share that Aeroplan Members can now redeem Aeroplan Points for LCBO gift cards via the Aeroplan eStore. LCBO Gift Cards are available starting at just 1,000 Aeroplan points for a $10 LCBO gift card. The maximum LCBO gift card amount is $250.
In January we will start sending out reports for each of the Bonus Product offers. The first reports will provide results metrics including some demographics. As more data becomes available, we will evolve these reports. We would appreciate your suggestions and feedback on how to make these more powerful for you.
Aeroplan bonus offers are a great way to encourage customer trial and choice of your product. If you need any help or recommendations on offers, please reach out to your Merchandising partners.
We’d also like to bring your attention to the recent news that Aeroplan recently announced an expanded loyalty partnership with Uber Canada, giving Aeroplan members the opportunity to earn points on Uber Eats and Uber Rides purchases when they link their accounts. Aeroplan members based in Canada will now be able to earn the following when linking their Aeroplan and Uber accounts:
- • 1 Aeroplan point per $1 spent on eligible Uber Eats orders over $25 in Canada
- • 1 Aeroplan point per $1 spent on Uber Airport Rides (all ride types including Uber X) and Premium Rides (including, UberXL, Uber Comfort, Uber Black, Uber Select etc.) in Canada and the U.S
- • 2 Aeroplan points per $1 spent on Uber Premium Airport Rides in Canada and the U.S
- • $20 Air Canada flight credit every time members take 10 Uber rides in Canada or the U.S.
This partnership is an extension to September’s announcement, where Aeroplan Credit Cardholders receive a free Uber Pass membership, unlocking unlimited free delivery on eligible food and grocery orders, ride discounts and additional perks.
The addition of partners such as Uber Canada, gives customers one more reason to join Aeroplan and start earning.
For more information on the LCBO’s Aeroplan program please visit: www.DoingBusinesswithLCBO.com.