Dear Trade Partners,
The health and well-being of our partners, people, and customers is our top priority. The situation regarding COVID-19 is a fast moving one and our goal is to keep you as up-to-date as best as we can on actions the LCBO is taking to help support the communities in which we live and work.
We are following the lead of multiple regulatory agencies including the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Health Canada and Public Health Ontario. As you are likely well aware, there are currently no known risks to beverage alcohol products in Ontario, nor is there any known risk of COVID-19 entering Canada on parcels or packages and no evidence to support the transmission of COVID-19 associated with imported goods.
However, like many of you, we are implementing reasonable precautions and planning for any potential business implications. This includes proactive inventory to meet customer expectations.
Outlined below are the main updates – some likely expected – that relate to our work together:
· All onsite or offsite meetings, events, and social gatherings with any vendors, suppliers and agents should move to online or teleconferencing or postponed if necessary. This restriction also applies to LCBO employees’ attendance at externally hosted trade shows and conferences.
· LCBO’s Trade Show and Elsie Awards are being postponed, with the hope of holding them later this year. Trade Day will move to an online format and we will be sharing more details on this in the coming weeks.
· All Vintages events that are scheduled to take place between now and the end of April are postponed. Customers who purchased tickets will be refunded.
· The In-Store Tasting Program, Product Consultant Training days and Store Opening celebrations are suspended until the end of April at which time we will re-evaluate.
· We are limiting access to our buildings to essential visitors only, such as our cleaning and security company personnel or delivery people, so please connect with your LCBO partners as needed to work through any previously scheduled appointments.
We will continue to monitor the situation and adjust quickly and as needed.
As always, it is important that we support each other. While it might look different, our collaboration remains key. Thank you for your understanding. Your LCBO contacts are here to work through any considerations over the coming weeks.
President & CEO, LCBO